Jump to navigation Jump to search
Note: Anyone involved with the Ohio LinuxFest is welcome to edit this page. If you do not have access please see UsingThisWiki .
This is for things we must do next year, that need someone to be assigned to do or be in charge of.
- Build a timeline when things should be done.
- Room freeze two weeks out
- Add room info to the online schedule
- 6 months out (APRIL) decide schedule, including what tracks and at what times.
- including the keynotes
- when BoFs will be, what rooms
- Have speakers ready to go by July.
- 6 week out in-person meeting to hash over major last minute crap
- Info can be obtained from website
- OLFU and other reg required event signs must state 'For XYZ ONLY'
- ASL interpreters (in progress via Maco/Mel/Carol R/Moose & others). See Accessibility for notes.
- Dot-org booths: ask for refundable deposit, if they noshow we keep it
- Better job tracking -- who is assigned what
- Need (more) security people
- watch for problems
- guard areas with cash or items of value
- handle minor problems, escalate major problems
- Need room checkers for Saturday (preferably both days, but def. Sat)
- monitors room doors to make sure all have registered (tag) or have correct badging
- Must be able to deal with conflict calmly.
- ex. ("I'm sorry, you need to register over at that table, it's free")
- Need a person in charge of t-shirts
- helps coordinate the ordering of tshirts
- keeps track of shirts onsite
- guards and allocates staff shirts
- Need a person in charge of Early Penguins
- Helps choose talks for EP
- Speaker wrangling (making sure speakers get registered, book travel, sign releases, arrive safely, etc.)
- Intro EP talks or delegate as needed
- Preferred: Someone who has been to OLF and/or has conference staph experience
- Need a person to be the dot-org liason (for dot-org tables in the expo)
- Help find dot-orgs for Expo
- Wrist tags for identifying who is in what (OLFU, Zenoss, etc.)
- Make sure that all non-sponsored track speakers get upgraded to supporter
- BoFs need to get advertised earlier
- Need clear outline of what needs to get done
- Especially things that can be done during walk-through
- Signs for Friday can go up during walk-through
- Welcome meeting for Friday speakers
- ALL volunteered projectors must be onsite by Thu evening
- And labeled with which are going where ('potentially owned by Vance')
- Lunch tickets taken
- Need to start arranging for laptops for OLFU Linux Basics NOW
- Let's drop class price for LB DRASTICLY and add "and you can buy the laptop"
- need price for laptop asap
- Make sure Zenoss tells their people to register for OLF, we shouldn't have to chase them
- Need to make sure talks are fully visible, usable, ok, ahead of time
- Get raffle stuff ready earlier, ready to go 1st thing in am
- start raffles earlier
- get Caitlin an assistant